Marriage quotes are a great way to inspire and motivate couples. Whether you’re in a relationship or married, these quotes can remind you of the power of love. Sometimes we all need a little reminder of why we chose our partner and why marriage is worth fighting for. Therefore these best marriage quotes for you will do just that.
Marriages are hard. They’re a lot of work. But they’re also incredibly rewarding and full of love, laughter, and happiness. If you’re married, or about to be married.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your own marriage, or you just want to appreciate the happy marriages of others, then check out this collection of the best marriage quotes. From funny to heartwarming, these quotes about marriage will remind you why marriage is worth cherishing.
Here are wonderful quotes about marriage that you need to read. They’ll inspire you, make you laugh, and remind you why you’re doing this in the first place.
Quote to build a strong marriage
1. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” -Epicurus
Relationships are not always easy. In fact, they’re often hard work. But it’s through those tough times that we grow closer to our partners and learn more about ourselves. This marriage quote reminds us that we should be grateful for the tough times because they make us stronger people and couples.
2. “Love is not only something you feel, but it is also something you do.” -David Wilkerson
This is one of the most important marriage quotes out there. Love is not just a feeling, it’s an action. It’s easy to say “I love you” when things are going well, but it’s much harder to show your love when things are tough. Meanwhile, that’s when your partner really needs your support. Showing your love during the good times is important, but showing your love during the bad times is essential.
Quotes for a successful marriage
3. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” -Mignon McLaughlin
This quote is a beautiful reminder that love is not a feeling that comes and goes. It’s something that you have to choose, again and again, every day. However, when you’re going through tough times, it’s easy to forget why you fell in love in the first place. But if you can remember the reasons why you chose your partner, you can get through anything together.
The quote is a reminder that even though marriage isn’t always easy. It’s important to keep falling in love with your spouse every day. Even though it’s easy to take them for granted. If you make an effort to see them through fresh eyes, you’ll never be bored.
4. “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
5. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” -Winston Churchill
The marriage quote is beautiful
6. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” -Barbara DeAngelis
7. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” -Martin Luther
8. “The act of marriage brings two people together in the hope that they will become one day.” -Unknown
9. “Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, the man has to hold onto the girl to make love to her.” -Unknown
Best quotes for a blissful marriage
“10. A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” -Andre Maurois
“11. A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” -Pearl S. Buck
12. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” -Dave Meurer
13. “Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.” -Jeffrey Rachmat
14. “To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong to admit it and whenever you’re right to shut up.” – Ogden Nash
This marriage quote is a funny yet wise way of reminding couples that communication is key. In any relationship, it’s important to be able to talk about both the good and the bad. And even when you’re right, sometimes it’s better to just agree to disagree.
15. “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.” – Leo Buscaglia
This quote is a reminder that even though you’re married, you still need to nurture your own individuality. Undoubtedly, it’s important to have your own hobbies and friends outside of your relationship. This way you can bring new and exciting things into your marriage, and avoid getting too comfortable with each other.
Quotes for love and marriage
16. “Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.” – Unknown
17. “Great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.” – Helen Mirren
18. “My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. He Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise that I will have a friend forever.” – Unknown
19. “Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship of Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, but can’t live without each other.” – Unknown
20. “A husband and wife may disagree on many things but they must absolutely agree on this. But to never, ever give up.” – Unknown
21. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.
22. “Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.” – Unknown
23. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” – Pearl S. Buck
24. “Marriage is not about age. It’s about finding the right person.” – Sophia Bush
25. “True love stands by each other’s side on good days and stands closer on bad days.” – Unknown
26. “Love is not a weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it.” – Boris Pasternak
Quotes to strengthen your marriage
27. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
28. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love. Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Meanwhile, fill each other’s cups but drink not from one cup. Give one another your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone. Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together. For the pillars of the temple stand apart, and the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.” – Khalil Gibran
Quotes for a good marriage
29. “Marriage stands the test of time when both you and your spouse work towards making things better. And we are tested the most when we face adversities. If you can sail through the adversities as one, as a team, then you have won half the battle.” – Unknown
30. “A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
31. “A good marriage is a contest of generosity.” – Diane Sawyer
32. “Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.” – Fawn Weaver
33. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.” – Fawn Weaver
34. “Marriage is the most natural state of man, and the state in which you will find solid happiness.” – Benjamin Frank
35. “I think long-lasting, healthy relationships are more important than the idea of marriage. At the root of every successful marriage is a strong partnership.” – Carson Daly
37. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow. And this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”- Elizabeth Gilbert
38. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love is everything.” – Unknown
What marriage quote does in a relationship
Marriage quotes can be a great way to rekindle the flame of love. If you’re feeling disconnected from your partner, reading some inspiring words can help remind you of why you fell in love in the first place. And if you’re going through a tough time, these quotes can help motivate you to keep fighting for your relationship. What are your favorite marriage quotes?
Whether you’re looking for a little bit of inspiration for your own marriage or you just want to appreciate the happy marriages of others, these quotes are sure to do the trick! From funny to heartwarming, these marriage quotes will remind you why it’s worth fighting for. So what are you waiting for? Go out and tell your spouse how much you love them today
Marriage is hard work, but it’s also the best kind of work there is. If you’re married, or about to be married, keep these 10 quotes about marriage close to your heart. They’ll inspire you when times are tough and remind you of why you’re doing this in the first place because your spouse is worth it all.
Quotes about Marriage that Every Couple Needs to Read