Jealousy is a powerful emotion and it can have a negative impact on our relationships with others. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. Sometimes, all we need to do is shift our perspective and look at the situation in a different light. That’s why quotes about jealousy are so powerful. They can help us gain insight into our own emotions and see things from another point of view. Therefore, 30 powerful quotes about jealousy are highly recommended.
Jealousy can be an emotion that is difficult to manage. It can be a deep and pervasive feeling that can cause you to feel inadequate, insecure, and even angry. Fortunately, there are many inspiring quotes about jealousy that can help you process your feelings and move forward.
Best Jealousy quotes
Jealousy can be a powerful emotion, and it’s not always easy to manage. When we feel jealous, it can cloud our minds and make us think and act in irrational ways. Whether you are experiencing jealousy in a relationship or feeling envious of other people’s successes, it’s important to remember that you have the power to overcome these feelings.
Because jealousy is a joy killer. It can affect you physically and emotionally. This horrible thought will always come to your mind for example, why should you will happy when others are making it? That’s jealousy. It’s a bad spirit that you have to deal with.
Let’s explore some of the most inspirational and thought-provoking quotes about jealousy that can help us better understand this emotion.
Jealousy is a wasted emotion
1. “Jealousy is a wasted emotion. You know what you have, so don’t waste time worrying about someone else’s life.” – Unknown
This quote reminds us to focus on ourselves and our own lives instead of wasting energy on being jealous of someone else’s life or accomplishments. It encourages us to take pride in what we have and put our energy towards achieving more instead of wishing for something that isn’t ours.
Jealousy is an ugly emotion
2) “Jealousy is an ugly emotion but it also tells you what you want in life.” – Unknown
This quote acknowledges jealousy as an unpleasant emotion but also offers a lesson. It shows us what we truly desire in life, whether it be success, love, or happiness. Instead of allowing ourselves to wallow in envy, this quote encourages us to use that feeling as a motivation to go after what we want in life and achieve our goals. 30 Powerful Quotes About Jealousy
An indication that requires a change
3) “Jealousy is only an indication that something needs to change within yourself.” – Unknown
At its core, this quote emphasizes self-improvement and personal growth over being jealous of others for their successes or good fortune. It reminds us that if we want to change our lives, we must start by looking inward and working on ourselves instead of focusing on other people’s lives or achievements.
Do you know that when you improve yourself, you will also make it and become a better person? You will not have time to be jealous of anybody because you will be satisfied.
Jealousy is a disease
4. “Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.” ~ Robert A. Heinlein
This quote by renowned science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein highlights one of the most common misconceptions about jealousy, that it is synonymous with love. In reality, however, jealousy is often rooted in insecurity rather than true love. It’s important to remember this distinction when dealing with your own feelings of jealousy.
Jealousy comes from self-love
5. “Jealousy comes from self-love rather than from true love.” ~ François De La Rochefoucauld
This quote touches on another important point. Jealousy does not come from a genuine love for someone else. Instead, it stems from our own insecurities and lack of self-love. When we are able to recognize this and work on building our own self-confidence and self-worth. We will no longer feel jealous of others or fear that they have something better than us. You will feel fulfilled. 30 Powerful Quotes About Jealousy
Jealousy is just loving and hating at the same time
6. “Jealousy is just loved and hate at the same time.” ~ Drake
Rapper Drake has a unique perspective on jealousy. In his view, it is both love and hate combined into one feeling. This makes sense because when we feel jealous of someone else for having something we want or being more successful than us. We also feel anger towards them as well as envy for what they possess or have achieved.
Understanding this dynamic can help us better understand our feelings of jealousy so that we can address them more effectively.
Jealousy is a wasteful emotion
7. “Jealousy is a wasted emotion. You already have all you need within you.” – Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey is one of the most successful women in the world, so she knows a thing or two about overcoming adversity and negative emotions like jealousy. With this quote, she reminds us that instead of wasting energy on irrational thoughts and feelings, we should recognize our unique gifts and strengths.
Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear
8. “Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value.” – Jeffery Kluger
Jeffery Kluger gives us an important reminder with his quote. Jealousy is ultimately rooted in fear. Fear of not being good enough or not having enough. Instead of focusing on what other people have or comparing ourselves to others. We should remember our own worth and recognize how far we have come in life.
Jealousy is born of hatred
9. “Jealousy is born with love but does not die until hatred takes its place.” – Anonymous
This anonymous quote speaks volumes about the power of jealousy. It shows us just how destructive this emotion can be if left unchecked. If we allow our negative feelings to consume us, they will only lead to further negativity such as resentment and anger. The key is to recognize when these emotions arise so that they don’t take root and cause long-term damage in our lives.
10. “There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy”. Lope de Vega.
11. “Jealousy is that pain that a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves”. Joseph Addison
12. “It is not love that is blind, but jealousy”. Laurence Durell
13. “Why do we feel jealousy? Therapists often regard the demon as a scar of childhood trauma or a symptom of a psychological problem. And it’s true that people who feel inadequate, insecure, or overly dependent tend to be more jealous than others”. Helen Fisher, 30 Powerful Quotes About Jealousy
14. “Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive”. Havelock Ellis
15. “It would be impossible to estimate how much time and energy we invest in trying to fix, change and deny our emotions. Especially the ones that shake us at our very core, like hurt, jealousy, loneliness, shame, rage, and grief”. Debbie Ford
16. “Jealousy is bred in doubts. When those doubts change into certainties, then the passion either ceases or turns absolute madness”. Francoisde La Rouchefoucauld
17. “Jealousy is indeed a poor medium to secure love, but it is a secure medium to destroy one’s self-respect. Jealous people, like dope-fiends, stoop to the lowest level and in the end inspire only disgust and loathing”. Emma Goldman
Jealousy is a joy killer
18. “Anger, hatred, and jealousy never solve problems, only affection, concern, and respect can do that”. Dalai Lama
19.” Jealousy can even be good for love. One partner may feel secretly flattered when the other is mildly jealous. And catching someone flirting with your beloved can spark the kind of lust and romance that reignites a relationship”. Helen Fisher
20. “Sure, I can get a little bit jealous. The good part about jealousy is that it comes from passion. It’s also the dangerous part and it’s’ an ugly emotion that hurts”. Mathew McConaughey
21. “Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy! In fact, they’re almost incompatible. One emotion hardly leaves room for the other. Both at once can produce unbearable turmoil”. Robert Heinlein
22. “Anger, resentment, and jealousy don’t change the heart of others, it only changes yours”. Shannon Alder
23. “The jealousy is troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves”. Willian Penn
24. “Love sees sharply, hatred sees even sharper, but jealousy sees the sharpest for it is love and hates at the same time.’ Arab Proverb
25. “Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits”. Paul Eldridge
26. “Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart”. George Elliot
26. “The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike”. Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
Jealousy In A Relationship
27. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening”. Maya Angelou
28. “He that is not jealous is not in love”. Augustine
29. “Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love, is strong as death, but jealousy is cruel as the grave”. Holy Bible
30. “Noble hearts are neither jealous nor afraid because jealousy spells doubt and fear spells pettiness”. Honore de Balzac
Overcoming Jealousy with Inspirational quotes
These quotes about jealousy remind us that this powerful emotion isn’t always negative. It can be used as motivation for personal growth if we choose to use it wisely. If you are struggling with feelings of jealousy or envy toward someone else. These quotes may help provide some perspective on how best to handle those emotions. So they don’t overwhelm you or interfere with your relationships with others. With the right outlook, even difficult emotions like jealousy can be turned into positive forces for growth.
The next time you are feeling jealous of someone else’s success or possessions. Try reflecting on these quotes about jealousy to gain insight into your own emotions and find ways to manage them effectively. Remember that jealousy does not have to be a negative emotion if you use it as an opportunity to learn more about yourself and grow as an individual. With enough practice and dedication, you may even find yourself turning those feelings into something positive. 30 Powerful Quotes About Jealousy.
How to use quotes to deal with jealousy
No matter what your situation may be, it’s never easy managing jealous thoughts or feelings, but it is possible. Hopefully, these inspiring quotes about jealousy will help remind you that although challenging moments may arise, there is still hope for overcoming them with positive thinking and self-reflection. Remember to take care of yourself by acknowledging your inner strength during times of difficulty. You are capable of much more than you know and avoid being jealous and turn to appreciate yourself and other people.
Also read: Best Ways On How To Overcome Jealousy